Birdsland is a 75ha bushland reserve with a long history. The Wurrundjeri people lived in the region around Birdsland, then around 150 years ago the land was cleared for grazing and crop production. The Birds family owned the site from about 1940 and used it for sheep farming. In 1981 in order to save the sight from urban development, the Shire of Sherbrooke purchased Birdsland. The site opened to the public in 1984 as a community bushland reserve.
Many species of native wildlife find sanctuary at Birdsland. Over 130 different native birds have been identified in the reserve including the Wedgetail Eagle and Powerful Owl. Birdsland also supports over 200 species of native plants.